Monday, September 27, 2004

Painting and Commiserating

It will bring your mind to ease that I got some new work clothes.

I went home with the Jayman to paint my mother's den. We both painted into near-delirium with my mother nervously running around trying to get us capri sun juice pouches or feed us sweet snacks. She talked non-stop. It was adorable how hard she was trying, and was also really intolerable. Jason and I were sneaky and tried to send her off on errands, we need new blue tape, we need a new brush, but eventually we had all the painting supplies that we could ever need. So I suggested that my mom go upstairs and look through her closets of clothes

[I need to explain now, that my mother has a strange obsession with discount clothing, she calls everything wardrobe stretchers and will buy it no matter if it is her size or not. It's probably one of her more obvious narcosises.)

she showed me some suede button down shirts, and kept insisting that I try on pants that were size four. She talked non stop. Finally I had to run away so I could rejoin Jason to finish the last days work. She decided to go out to the store to look for More discount clothes, but this time some I could wear to the office. Therefore, today I am wearing a lavender sweater with a flower on it. She went to four stores and returned with about 200 dollars worth of clothes, that she says she will return, but I don't believe her.

when we left to return to Baltimore, she packed us four sandwiches, two juice boxes, two ginger ales, two bottles of water, a roll of paper towels, and two full bags of chips..Oh and a box of cookies.


over the weekend, I got drunk visiting with Ginger and got to see Jeanne and Brian for coffee after being entirely exhausted from painting. I drank so much coffee my thumb started shaking. When I got home on Sunday, I watched "the hustler" in my underwear and munched on the goodies from the drive home.

also, today is virginia's birthday. you should give her a kiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home