Monday, September 20, 2004

wawa is the word for goose

Jason and I went to hatboro this weekend. Friday night we saw Jeanne and Brian at famous lancers diner. we are rarely adventurous enough to order anything besides coffee there. Jeanne looks down at her menu and said "what can I order here that isn't going to make me want to puke." she decided on fries. Jason, warned against it, asked what kinds of soup they had: snapper soup. "like turtle?" we asked. "yeah, it's in a brown gravy with bits of turtle meat and hardboiled eggs, you guys aint never had it?" is there anything more gross than that?

Lancers diner is the closest thing to my highschool that is open all night. it is directly across from the naval air base. There is a photo on the wall, next to the clock of an airplane, from the back booth, it always looks like it is 2:45 AM, but then you realize you are looking at the photo of a plane instead of the clock. there is a claw machine and grumpy waitresses. Someone always spills their coffee, which makes the waitresses even more angry. if Horsham were happy day's this would be AL's place.

Saturday the big guy and I painted my mothers den. You may recall around the middle of march we just painted this room for her birthday. She hated it and made us paint it again. We spent all day priming the red paint away.

my grandmother came to visit. It takes her a moment longer to think of the word she wants to use. a moment longer than ever before, and I can see it frustrating her. WE ate Wawa hoagies for lunch and She brought Jason and I a quarter of a spice cake.

Jason and I worked until dinner time, and took showers so we could head out to my father's house. He was hosting an engagement party for Dan and tamala. Jason and I were an hour late but arrived just in time for the food. I met her whole family.

At somepoint, perhaps after some fruit soaked in alcohol, Jason was playing guitar. Joe and he were "jamming" a little, when Tamala's father's girlfriend, Carol said loudly and slurred "..and he's cute, too!" Carol stumbled across the room and started rubbing jason's head and shoulders, Her lipstick rubbed against his neck. Jason, confused and bewildered just kept playing. I had to intervene. Carol, I said, I really don't want to have to hurt you. Carol was near sixty with platinum blonde hair and too much jewelry and perfume, she was also much bigger than me. Jason said that she bit him! She bit him in the back!! ewww...That is so gross.


That night Jason and I stayed at Joe and christie's house. We made breakfast and hung out in the morning. My brother made this jungle room for his hot tub...He decorated it himself...Christie thinks it's awesome...Those two really are my favorite.

We got back on sunday and I napped for a majority of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home