Thursday, March 24, 2005

"I wish you were an octopus"

This morning, still half asleep these were the first words I said. I made sure to set my alarm even earlier last night so I could still hit snooze at least four times this morning. The bedroom was cold and I didn't want to get out from under my covers. I was telling the big guy that I wished he was an octopus, and in my brain I thought he understood that I meant that I wished he could hold me with more arms than just two.

Last night I had some funny dreams. (Or did they happen between my alarm going off this morning?)In one dream I was lost, driving in the Pocono's but was relieved when I found a sign for Route 1

This is funny, because in real life, when I'm lost I always seem to find Route 1 and it I quickly get reorientation. I'm so smart in my dreams. Anyway, it was one of those searching dreams, but instead of searching throughout the entire dream and never finding what I'm looking for - I found it. Russell's house. Russell, you lived in this really fancy neighborhood like up Charles Street, accept in a really tall apartment building, that you convinced me that you would ski off of when it snowed a lot. Virginia, you were there too, but you were sleeping. Russell, you had a beautiful balcony that looked over the Pocono's and there was autumn leaves on the ground. We stayed up all night. (which I might point out is a funny thing to do, to stay up all night, and get tired, in your dream)

Since I'm talking about dreams, I think I should tell you this odd one I had about the Mickey and Chris F. at the aquarium. There was a ton of people going to see this concert at the aquarium and Mickey and Dan K. and Jones were all going to perform, and Chris F. was supposed to be there too. There were hoards of people lined up, walking down the ramp where the sharks are, all trying to get to the concert. (The ramp, was increasingly long, in my dream) We found out that Chris F. had suffered a very serious accident...I kid you not: he got his head trapped in a revolving door and had to get rushed to the emergency room. Mickey was really upset and kept trying to call off the concert, but everyone was already there and already excited to see this rock, rap extravaganza in the aquarium. Word of the accident passed like a wave through the crowd. (I saw myself, and for some reason I was wearing my backpack from high school)I was really concerned, and wondered how we'd ever hear if he was okay.... Apparently Chris F. already thought of this so he had bumper stickers dropped down on the crowd from above that said I'm doing much better - See you at the next show - Christopher F.,except his whole name was written out in his signature. And everyone in the undulating crowd nodded in unison. This is exactly what we'd expect Chris to do. All of that made perfect sense, I just have one question: How do the fish sleep when a concert is going on?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, no, no...i snowboard off my house. not ski!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home