Last week I was driving to work and on the entrance ramp to 83, I saw a bag of leaves? trash? - but of course, with my imagination, I thought it was a small child, laying face-down, dead on the entrance ramp. "the cars drive so fast around here, they could have just hit him and didn't even know it, his black jacket is awfully shiny like plastic..." I almost screeched to a halt before I realized that it was just something that fell off of someone's pick up truck.
Are my eyes really that bad? Or has this happened to you too?
Today, on 83 itself there was an object the size and shape of a DVD box. My entire drive in I couldn't help but wonder which DVD it was. I wondered if the person, in their SUV was so disgusted with some awful movie that they just tossed it out of the window. Is catwoman on DVD yet? Maybe it was that movie. The trailer for it looked terrible. Didn't it?
I never got to give you a run down of my weekend. The most important parts were that On Friday I saw Mike and Kisch at Jason's show at the true vine. And, on Sunday I didn't really get out of the bed, except to go eat crabs for a couple hours and then I went directly back to bed.
Yesterday, the family center called to say that B wasn't coming to tutoring because she was sick, and I didn't have to show up. So it was the perfect day to catch up on the housekeeping I let dwindle until it looked like a complete disaster area. The big guy helped me get my ducks in a row. I came home and he was doing my laundry that was in enormous piles and he even did my dishes! geez. My disgusting, pile of a million dishes, I must be the luckiest girl on the planet. Right? Right. So we cleaned for a while. I cleaned the bathroom, but there is still plenty left for me to do tonight. I always hear the girl upstairs vacuuming. Maybe it's because she has a dog, but I like to believe that she knows I can hear her and she likes to show off that she is better than me. "See, I vacuum all the time. When was the last time you vacuumed, huh?"
Jason and I made an entire event out of making my apartment livable and he even went grocery shopping with me! We both hate grocery shopping for ourselves so much, that it was nice to have someone there to move you along. We got shrimp as a special treat and made them for dinner when we got to my place. I felt like we were pretending to be grown ups or something like we were playing house. It was adorable and really put me in the right mood to start the week.
Here are some other things:
Yesterday I wore pink and got lots of compliments
Today I'm trying for orange to see if I can beat yesterday's amount.
My best friend is in Prague right now.
I bet she looks so cute with my back pack on.
I'm going to go home to Hatboro for Easter brunch.
I think I'll wear a blue dress.
I bought Pink Lady apples just for the name, but they were delicious
What is your favorite kind of apple?

2 Comments:
I lived in a 330-sq foot studio apartment for two years, but I didn't move because I found a 2-bedroom 700-sq foot apartment for $140 more a month (although I did), I moved because the new apartment had:
A dishwasher!
Um. A mechanical dishwasher, I mean, as opposed to the dishwasher = me.
Do you remember that show Pink Lady and Jeff? Is that on DVD? If so, I'd throw it out the window of a moving car in a heartbeat.
Post a Comment
<< Home