On Saturday I went shopping at the mall with two lesbians. We laughed about how we were totally fulfilling our respective stereotypes when they wanted to look at men's shoes and I wanted to look at sparkily things in 'bags, beads and beyond'. But the best thing about this was that I didn't need to express how I was shopping out of necessity and not enjoyment. I was even a applauded a little for speeding through my obligatory task.
I hate shopping. I especially hate shopping for work clothes. It's not just the spending money thing or the idea that I don't even actually like the clothes I'm buying. It's everything, the lights that dehydrate you, the clothes that aren't a uniform size or shape, trying things on, waiting in various lines, matching, any chub that sticks out that you didn't notice before, the layout of a mall in general, and eventually, all other people. If it were up to me, I'd wear a uniform to work.
I left with three heaping bags of crap - perhaps out of fashion, but all at reasonable prices, and I didn't try on one goddman thing. I got home and tested all of it out - and it all fit and cover the parts of my body they were intended to cover, none of them are broken or anything - so it seems like a successful shopping trip to me. right? right.
If I'm ever rich enough - I'm totally gonna pay someone to do this for me.

3 Comments:
I am the same way about shopping. I need something I wanna get in get out with as little time and money spent as necessary. Fuck changing rooms. If i bring it home and it doesnt fit i feel like returning it is somehow saving money or i can give it to someone else.
i would shop for you jessica. i love shopping. it has been my dream to find a rich person who wanted me to shop for them. let's find a way to work this out.
Uniforms with funny hats are the best. Trust me.
Post a Comment
<< Home