In an email called "mothers day" my mom wrote this:
I hope you plan on coming up Saturday in the afternoon, since I really want you to see my dress- I am hoping you feel like cooking breakfast for me and my mother and sister or we can go out but I am thinking my mom would like that... The early afternoon about 1:30 we will head for Winterthur to see the azalea garden, Mike and Joe will probably be going. I would like to have a picnic prepared for a mid afternoon lunch- if the weather permits if the weather is not nice I would rather the boys come up to my house and we can entertain my mom. I want my mother to be the center of my mother's day this year because she is really getting old it would be fun if we could think of something to do indoors.
And in a second email called "more mother's day" she wrote this:
I also would prefer that you plan on not heading for home until 6 - I am looking forward to a few fun hours with you and Joe and Mike from about 2:30 to 6 on Sunday it has been a long time since I had that. It would be nice.
That means that my whole weekend is shot - just like last weekend, when I had to go home, too. No Seis de Mayo parties for me, no I hate the eighties parties either - sigh. Who invented this stupid day anyway?
--Ancient Greeks celebrated a holiday in honor of Rhea, the mother of the gods
--Ancient Romans celebrated a holiday in honor of Cybele, a mother goddess, March 22-25 - the celebrations were notorious enough that followers of Cybele were banished from Rome
--In the British Isles and Celtic Europe, the goddess Brigid, and later her successor St. Brigid, were honored with a spring Mother's Day, connected with the first milk of the ewes.
oh. never mind.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home