This weekend I went to Philadelphia. Halfway into the drive there I realized I forgot my cell phone and also that I didn't have directions to where I was going. I drove around west Philly - and some parts of the city which were not west Philly (when I was totally off track.) I didn't even know her address and her phone number was in my cell phone back in Baltimore. My only hope was to find her on foot. very, very, very luckily I sort of just stumbled my way through a block party and realized that I was directly in front of her house. I'm amazed I even recognized it. They have a refrigerator out front for Food Not Bombs, and other dumpster-loving crusties - and I can say, I've never been so happy to see an old fridge on a front porch as much as I was at that very moment. Well, I guess except for when I was watching Sanford and Sons, 'you big dummy':

(oh geez, Redd Foxx looks so cute in a hoodie.)
In Philly, Brian Jeanne and I spent the entire time hanging out with pat, Jeff and Liz in the suburbs. It was a continual bikini cook-out for two straight days. Sunday afternoon we got gigantic ice cream cones that Tanner's Farm in Richboro PA tried to pass off as a single scoop.
It was a great way to end a weekend. We all passed out into sugar comas in Jeff's living room remembering so fondly our childhoods where we each visited Tanner's farm, watched the cows, ate ice cream and got it all over our face. Sunday was just like that.
Today, I'm back at work.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home