Monday, October 03, 2005

Monday, Miracle Night

Friday after work I went shopping with this woman in her fifties who sits in my office. She once pointed at my tummy and announced loudly, "Girl, you need to situps." She's obviously really pleasant. Why did I go with her shopping? I don't even like shopping. I didn't end up getting anything, but instead feeling short and fat after trying on dresses, which is always a splendid way to start off the weekend.

Friday night it was a birthday of a new friend of mine. We went to The Hippo. I could spend an full paragraph detailing the costumes of the drag queens wandering through the bar - the feathered wings and tightie-briefs and Carmen Miranda with an adam's apple- but the truth is, what was truly amazing about the whole event, was that it seemed like a perfectly normal place for me to be. I don't always think I felt this way about gay bars. I don't know when exactly it changed, but I was more distracted by the music videos in the bar than the transvestites.

Saturday I went to Crafty Bastards, a craft show in DC with Rachel, Michael, Russell, and Kate. There were break dancers, and cute buttons and other things made with care for us to buy there.

WAIT, it got better!!Then we went to ben's chili bowl

We all starchy-meaty things smothered in various other starchy-meaty goo. Our walk home felt like the longest walk in the world, because we were filled to our esophogus with Cheese Whiz.

Saturday night I went to see The Rockstars to see my friend from work Young's husband perform. Young's husband's name is Tony. This is a photo of Tony ~

I think it's needless to say that I love this band. His job in the band, is not to play an instrument, but instead to just be rowdy and ridiculous, and when called upon to imitate Fred Sanford or Alf.

Sunday, I woke up early and drove to Philly for a hot minute -- but was back in time for early Chinese food dinner with Russell and then a drive-in double feature after that!

What a completely jam-packed awesome weekend! Which also means my house is still a mess and I haven't bought groceries in weeks.

Oh tonight, I'm meeting a new friend, Katie. These are the things I know about her so far - She goes to Goucher, is friends with Roxy, has an ice cream tattoo, likes to bake, and has a kitten named 'skateboard'. I think it's written in the stars for us. She's taking me to this awesome place where you can eat free tacos as long as you are drinking. Free tacos and drinking! I wonder if it's called "Monday, Miracle Night" at the bar. That's what I'd call it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home