déjà vu

I was in the hallway at work, just now, and I had déjà vu. I don't think this has happened for years. Scientists believe this is triggered a by a neurochemical action in the brain that is not connected to any actual experience in the past. One feels strange and identifies the feeling with a memory, even though the experience is completely new. This occurs when there is a misfiring in the temporal-lobe and is occasionally associated with seizures.
This sensation of déjà vu often occurs in a adolecent's developing brain. I used to love when it happened. Maybe my brain was confusing soemthing that was happening with the sensation of memory, but it ruled. It felt so unworldly. But, since it's been so long since I've had this sensation, I was worried, just now, that I was about to get a seizure while we were talking about the AIDS quilt in the hallway at work. I had to sit down immediately to write this (and, also, to avoid sharp objects and falling down.)
I must be over-tired, too.

7 Comments:
I once experienced Deja-vu-vu, which is the odd sensation that I had previously had an odd sensation that I had experienced that odd sensation before.
I once experienced Deja-vu-vu, which is the odd sensation that I had previously had an odd sensation that I had experienced that odd sensation before.
Ha! See what I did there? Because it's deja vu... so I posted... twice... um...
Yeah. Not funny.
i thought it was hilarious.
i thought it was hilarious.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I have been having a lot of vu déjà, lately. This is the weird sensation that a new experience, which is happening to me, has never happened to me before, again.
I love deja vu.
Post a Comment
<< Home