Friday, December 30, 2005

let's go to glasgow!

Right now I'm posting from glasgow, scotland. the sun rises at 9am here and sets around 3 pm. I'm having such a fantastic time. But duh, of course I am!

I can't wait to get back and show you all the photos.

Today I'm taking a bus to Edinburgh for the new year's festival called hogmanay, to stay in an old woman's flat and also to tour castles for a few days.

The only thing that has thrown me off so far is that to my surprise and dismay, people here don't actually look like this:



to stay you a little while, as I know you are salivating for photographs of my trip -
here is one of me as an auntie - letting Catie suck on my pinky. how f-ing adorable:

oh heck, and here's another:

Oh God, and one with her great-grandmother and namesake:


And one in a laundry basket, just for good measure:

see you soon, buddies.

5 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Scotland. *Sniff* I wish that you could have stuffed me in a suitcase.

Happy Hogmanay!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have some delicious haggis for me.

Very jealous of whom you get to smooch at midnight!

xoxo

Your Favorite Cousin

4:10 PM  
Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Scottland? Oh, I'm jealous.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

hey jess
i hope you got to see men in those hats at hogmanay cause we saw like a million when we were walking against the crowd at 12:30 trying to make our way to mcdonalds to get some fries...

i also hope you got some kilt flipping in too...

7:59 PM  
Blogger acw said...

Ooh, I'll have to pick your brain (if you don't mind) on Scotland when you return.

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home