Screw you, Jessica - stop posting from your cell phone
Go to CatharineJane's new baby blog to see tons of photos. Aren't I cute? I made hers match mine.
Friday was my reading with Katherine's Art and Jones' Music. It was an excellent turn out and I stumbled on my words less than I thought I would have. Thank you to all the people who came out to the show - it was so awesome to see you all there. I have to give a special shout out to the two people who traveled the most for the show - Nic and Alex. From New Haven to Baltimore to hear me read - You are the two best. Really. Break my heart, the fucking best.
I spent Saturday oohing and ahhing over the new baby. I got hold her and she sneezed for the very first time. She seems alert and pretty - Two qualities I have a feeling she'll maintain through adulthood. These are good things for a woman to be. I finished knitting her Christmas stocking. And when you talk about her, I make this strange face, proud face where I squish my bottom lip into my top one. Try it. You'll see.
Also, please note - new babies do not smell at all - they've never, in their entire life had a poop. Imagine that?
Late Saturday night I drove to NY and knitted things with Adrian while watching The Jerk in French. I spent all of Sunday exploring the city by myself and all of Monday laying in bed watching LOST and napping on a big shoulder. Suffice it to say, besides my friend Adrian, there is also a big shoulder I've been visiting recently in NY.
Adrian drove back with me late, late last night. It was great to have company on my long trek home.
Today is my company Christmas party.
Oh, I know - I know - I miss you too. We'll talk soon. Don't you worry your pretty little head about it.

2 Comments:
screw you jessica! haha, just kidding, you're the top aunt. i know that proud face, but i've probably not seen it that proud.
I've been thinking about it and I've decided that you are going to be pretty much the best Aunt that God ever sent a little girl. She's so lucky.
Post a Comment
<< Home