Q: wireless card? macs? super geek-out?
My friend has a Clamshell-Apple Mac ibook. It's one of the later ones because of the built in DVD drive, I guess. I think its the 466(?)
I went to the apple store to try to get a wireless card and they said it needs a regular airport card and they no longer make them for the two-tone models. The guy suggested that I get one on ebay.
Who out there in internet-land can help me with this?
1. How do I know that the card I purchase will work with this computer? What do I look for specifically?
2. Will this pick up wireless signals just like the wireless card in my computer?
3. Is there anything else I need to get to make internet work on this laptop?
4. Is it worth the money?
5. Do you have one you wanna sell me?
Thanks, dudes!

2 Comments:
1. How do I know that the card I purchase will work with this computer? What do I look for specifically?
If you buy a genuine Apple AirPort it will work.
2. Will this pick up wireless signals just like the wireless card in my computer?
Yup. The difference is bascially speed. The new AirPort Extreme cars are faster than the old ones. Unless you are moving a LOT if data all at once you probably won't notice thoug.
3. Is there anything else I need to get to make internet work on this laptop?
The internet? Nope. Once you connect to a network you should be fine. (this assumes you are using OS X I'm not so sure what needs to be done for OS 9)
4. Is it worth the money?
Do you mean the Aipprt card or the entire laptop?
5. Do you have one you wanna sell me?
nope sorry.
these things are expensive. how is the battery life on it i mean why do you need wireless?
if you need to connect to a wireless access point but do not need mobility per se you can buy a wireless game adapter for say a PS2 or something and connect that via an ethernet cable to your mac. i know this works because we did this for my home network for my roommates imac. it will work the same as if it were wired. it should be like 70 or 80 $.
Post a Comment
<< Home