Thursday, February 23, 2006

Sore for Sure

Was anybody else really sore after the falling down study? I think that my muscles tightened up so much (even thought I knew I wasn't going to get hurt when I fell)that the next day I was stiff and awkward. Maybe the rest of the internet is in better physical shape than me - wait - not maybe - definitely.

After falling down a certin jjt and I went to hear Sen. Mikulski speak at Goucher. Man, I love that woman. She's so fiery and adorable. The two adjectives I, personally, strive to associate with my name. I like her crass mouth and her forceful wisdom. F- yeah. In college, Virginia portrayed her for our national model senate competition and kicked some "best senator" butt. I think it's when she gave all of her fellow delegates her crab cake recipe. God, I love Virginia.

I just scheduled a trip to go see her for the weekend in April. Our friend is getting married who also lives out in Chi-town. So we're making his wedding party an awesome weekend for a rendevous of one of the best buddy teams in history. It's not very often in life that you find someone who shares your love for both a. making strangers laugh and b. senators. A gem. I tell you. A gem.

Oh after hearing Babs speak on Tuesday - jjt and Zenchick and I started drinking. I gave advice on romance and shots. By the time Zenchick and I sang - I was wobbly, at best. We were both glad that our only witness was really Russell who doesn't have a blog. He testified that on a scale of 1 to terrible, we were, most certainly, an 8. He walked me home and we stayed up far too late chit-chatting.

Wednesday I was a mess. Not only was I hungover at 8:30 when I had to be in the office, but I was also so achy and sore. Why was this? Oh yeah! I fell down 60 times yesterday. There are not many days where I can say that!

Afterwork, I got my lazy butt off the couch and went to tutoring. My kid kept asking where her old tutor went. Which, not only don't I know the answer to, but also made me feel like I was sort of a shitty tutor and she wanted her old one back. She's doing pretty well though. She guesses a lot less often and I see her little lips move to sound out words before she says them out loud.

I gave her some seashells for her accomplishments. She tucked them under her jacket after she picked them out and said, very quietly to herself, I don't want to be distracted by these. Then she nodded approvingly - as if she were proud of her action. I certainly was.

After tutoring Emily and I were lethargic on my couch. Sitting like the grandparents in Willy Wonka. Grandma Josephine and Grandma Georgina both too lazy to pick up the remote. Anna joined in our labodimized staring at the consecutive episodes of project runway - and then Deena, and then Bob - Wait! That's a whole party of people! I made enough pasta for everyone at like 11pm in my bathrobe.

After they all left, I was still waiting for a visitor. One last visitor who got stuck in traffic in New York after work. I decided to go to sleep and wake up when he arrived. The poor guy didn't get in until 3am. He had flowers on his arm and looked exhausted. 5 hours from NY is just far too far.

Tonight, we'll see what that brings. I hope that he and I get to have some dinner and catch up - we haven't really had a chance to talk for a week or so - with all my falling down and spontanious TV parties.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of sorry I missed the performance. Oh well, there will always be another chance to partake in such activity.

4:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My triceps were sore since I used them A LOT to keep myself from hitting the ground at full speed.

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home