Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cookies and Ukuleles


Today I spent the day with my niece. I took one photo of this section of the tree because this is the only section that got decorated. Catie is 2 and can't reach very high. Also, neither can I. At one point she put five ornaments on one bending branch. I left it there as long as it could stay because I like to believe this is her artistic statement. The winds are howling and it is pouring rain. I'm finishing up my wrapping and knitting and putting away the three kinds of cookies I made today. Wanna see the christmas tree cookie and the huge gingerbread man I made out of my runny oatmeal raisin cookie dough?

I thought you might.




Today Mike and Joe put in a new toilet in the bathroom upstairs and my mom tore the house apart trying to find something which she later found. I baked all day. Catie got her birthday present a little late and loved loved loved her little guitar. it is actually a toy ukulele. It's yellow with palm trees and she likes to dance when you strum it and understands that it's for her just like a miniature tea set might be Catie-sized too. When she opened it she yelled, "DADDY I GOT A TAR! A TAR!" and ran to him. He was covered in plumbing gunk and perspiration. It was cute. Here is a recent picture of Catie (and a little shot of the tip of my finger. just the tip):


In other news, I graduated from NYU with a Masters and got a job last week. And even more shocking? Sarah Raz got a cell phone!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home