Thursday, October 28, 2004

I don't know how I got roped into it

it's probably because I stupidly volunteered, but I am on the holiday party planning committee in my office. I'm in charge of the secret Santa. Do you even understand what a depressing sentence that is to utter? Sigh. They told me that at the next staff meeting I should wear something "festive." I've never felt more like a rolling-her-eyes-teenager than I do right now.

The rest of the people on the committee have highlighted hair, stiletto pumps and Halloween themed jewelry and accessories. They are festive. They wake up two hours early to get their make up on for work. They were cheerleaders in some other life in some distant time. Except for one of them. She is one of those bitchy girls that some how always gets into a planning group. She is big and loud. She hates everyone with any authority (even the freakin' holiday committee chair) and she spends the whole meeting being difficult and twice as long as it needed to be.

there isn't even going to be an open bar. Because we aren't allowed to buy alcohol with the funds from our non-profit.

All of this, for nothing.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home