"Peace, America....I'm out"
I just posted these pictures from her going away party this summer. I know it's late, but it's kind of nice to see them and post them now that I'm missing her.
Let me tell you about Helena: She can walk down stairs on her hands. She's excellent at spelling and math and language and music(which means that she developed the side of her brain where mine turned to mush. I always try to explain to her how interested I am that our brains behave so differently and how fascinating I think it is.)She likes salt and vinegar chips, candy of all sorts and batz maru. She giggles constantly and always says things like "Guys, I can't believe what a fantastic time were having right now! This is soooo awesome!" She'll say this even if we are watching television static together. Helena is an optimist, unabashed by her ceaseless joy of every moment. Beer enhances this. But in general if anyone knew what "living in love" meant it would be her.....And I miss her.
Right now, she's living in Glasgow in an intense and competitive post-graduate program playing Viola. She's from the U.K. originally but lived here, in the U.S., all her life. She just became a U.S. citizen about a year ago. You wouldn't know that she was English until she says the word "banana". If you ever meet her you should ask her to say "banana". It's amazing.
I'm thankful I went to Goucher for lots and lots of reasons...But meeting this girl is way up on the list.
the end.
Oh yeah! Let me blow your mind with some really really nerdy stuff: Today I found out that I have a free life insurance policy at work. I wouldn't take out a life insurance policy because I don't plan on dying anytime soon, and I don't' have anyone to take care of when I die, so, since I have it anyway I was thinking about making my beneficiary my alma mater.

1 Comments:
Wow, what an amazing day. I miss you too.
Post a Comment
<< Home