Friday, January 28, 2005

I'm drunk

I went to my favorite little bar in fell's point for "lunch" today. My lunch occurred at about 2:45. I thought since I was having lunch so late I could indulge in 2 rum and cokes. Why am I drunk after only 2? Well, it's the kind of drunk you can be at work without getting caught, I'm tipsy. But in this sober environment, being tipsy feels (not to quote another blog entry, but) out of this world. I don't know why I couldn't pull myself away from this machine I sit in front of, or why I had lunch so late. I usually don't do any work at work, or only enough to get by, but today I'm very busy. Do you think it has to do with my 90 day review that's coming up? It was supposed to be today but was postponed.

yesterday I didn't go ice skating. my ice skating partnerr couldn't make it and I ended up staying here until 7pm. I know that doesn't sound very late, but when you start your day at 8:30, it's late, believe me. It takes me about half an hour to get into work on 83 (which can I tell you, I hate when people call it the JFX, for some reason). I think it only takes so long because of everyone going into work. It kind of makes me sad to think that we all have these obligations that we have to cater to, that we all have to start our day at the same time for some unknown reason. I feel bad for you little Toyota, I feel bad for you blue ford, I even feel bad for you Honda element, we all have to go to work and we can't stay in to sleep.

today, I wore Jason's mother's sunglasses to work. It's really sunny on the expressway,and I have to put the visor down, oh, but today I was cool. Jason's mother's sunglasses make me look like a bug, they are these incredible hipster sunglasses and she didn't even know it. When I took my lunch at almost 3 today, I put them on and felt like a movie star. Should I confess this stuff to you, or does it make me look like a dweeb.

wow, do you remember the word, "dweeb"?

apparently, writing a blog entry, while a little intoxicated is a great thing, you remember things like "dweeb."

speaking of outdated insults I was thinking recently of the word "poser." It's somehow so funny now, and I guess that's all I have to say about it. "poser."

I'll admit it. Last night, I watched 13 Going On 30. Jaime came over and let me entertain this sort of sick interest in this movie. I'll admit it to you, even though I don't like to: I love romantic comedies.

Does that make me a terrible person? I think it might, but I hope you can look past it.

have an awesome weekend, Okay? Okay.

2 Comments:

Blogger frank said...

i am the rarely the seen half poser/half dweeb.

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ice skating parnter is very sorry for standing you up. Wanna go this week? T,Th,F? After work?

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home