No one in the office has noticed that I'm not wearing glasses, today. See, I got contacts on Saturday and I thought for sure everyone would notice (and be blown away by my beauty.) But, ah, it seems no one here looks at me. Isn't that sort of dreadful? I go through a pretty good fraction of my day and not one person has looked at me?! I've had conversations with at least 5 people so far this morning and hello, how are you's to maybe 15. But no one noticed. Sigh. I guess I'm not as impressive as I thought I was.
But anyway, they weren't so difficult for me to get used to, not even putting them in and taking them out. I should have been doing this a long time ago. I've been hiding behind glasses for far too long.
This past 3-day weekend I did the following things:
-went out drinking with the ladies
-ate crabs
-saw Gunther and Mike from Goucher
-bought the RockyI-V DVD Set.
-bought the first season of Quantum Leap
-watched almost all of the first season of Quantum Leap on the big guy's new TV
-made hotwings, twice
-did all the dishes
-replaced my old plates with new ones.
-saw Morgan and Jaime
-made a huge pile of stuff to give away to salvation army
-laundry
-went shopping
-saw "in good company" with Virginia and Russell
-missed you
Today I have dark circles under my eyes. I'm tired. I kept waking up throughout the night. Sort of nervous about going back to work, like the first day of school, except much, much colder and I forgot my gloves.

1 Comments:
you know, it's one of those things (contacts) that people will all suddenly notice at the same time in like a week.
or maybe it's just that if they were to take in all of your dazzling beauty at once it would just be too much for any mortal.
<3 jeanne
Post a Comment
<< Home