Today, I found this website about the late 80's Fox show Out of This World. The show about the teenage girl, Evie, who could stop time but putting her two fingers together along with other powers. Remember? Man, that show was great. Scott Baio directed it! Who knew?
I spent the better part of my life, wishing I was just like Evie, the Clarissa with super powers. What would you have done if you could have stopped time and unfrozen your friends? All I could think is that you could make-out all night and not break curfew. I wonder if Evie ever did that. I guess her dad would know though, and he'd yell at her from that weird light-up box.
Today, i think I'm going ice skating after work.

3 Comments:
So Scott Baio found the time to direct a crummy sitcom inbetween starring in terrible films and banging hot chicks? Nice.
Ever seen Zapped? Now that's a good film. The comedy team of Baio and Willy Aimes was one for the ages. Now Baio is gone from the spotlight and Aimes is Bible Man. No joke.
we were trying to remember the name of that show the other day. that one and "small wonder" with the little girl robot little vicky seem to be a good pair.
what's funny about 'out of this world' is it's one of those things that inevitably comes up during those "remember ____?" discussions, right next to scrunchy socks and fraggle rock. and, for every group of people i have been with that brings it up, usually in conjunction with it's theme song, no one can remember the title of the show, just the plot and that damned song. it's funny that you brought it up at all. perhaps next time i find myself in one of those remeniscent conversations i will be able to exclaim, "you're talking about that late 80s fox show 'out of this world!'"
Post a Comment
<< Home