Last night Virginia took me out for dinner. We went to epiphany's resturant. We didn't go there because it was epiphany's resturant. We went there because it's Virginia's favorite resturant. But believe what you want I guess.
The downstairs was lit romantically and a woman was playing classical guitar. Besides her and the servers there was one very old man who she wouldn't let give her a tip because he was "on a fixed income" and there was another man with no teeth who kept telling me how beautiful I was. It doesn't sound like a fancy place, but if you were there you'd know it was fancy.
We had a wonderful meal, and a bottle of white wine. She had the sea bass and I had the salmon. It was so delicious we hardly spoke, until the wine kicked in and then we giggled a lot. I brought out my date book and we marked down having dinner together once a month some where fancy and delicious, preferably where someone tells me i'm beautiful.
It's great going out with a good friend who enjoys food and is a great tipper. It sort of makes you feel like everything is right in the world.
Afterwards we went to Holy Frijoles and got more drinks, because, for goodness sakes, it was marde gras.
Maybe on our next date we'll get dressed up instead of wearing the clothes we wore to work.
It's my choice next time, any suggestions?

2 Comments:
im sorry i could not meet up with you guys. it sounds like a wonderful night!
i spent the evening watching michael play video games :)
Russell
Sorry I wasn't there. The sea bass is my favorite thing on the menu. It sounds like you spoke with Dmitrov. I can tell you lots of stories about him at the next happy hour. I think Erin was your server...
Post a Comment
<< Home