Thursday, February 03, 2005

"Seen anything inspiring lately?"

Are you looking for someone who asks questions like this?


This is Fran's friend, Mr. Kind and Quiet, and he asks good questions.

He isn't anything like what I expected. He's just quiet and a little shy. And see, I'm a jerk who jumps to conclusions about quiet people. Maybe it's that I'm not confident in myself to be quiet. It takes a confidence. Believe me. And it intimidates me. So my intital, over the phone impression of Mr. K&Q was all wrong. I thought that because he didn't laught at my jokes right away, he was pretentious. When I met him in person, i could see that he was just a really nice, smart guy.
He's a fantastic listener and the kind of person that thinks before they speak and lets everything settle into a comfortable understanding. These are traits that i'm very jealous of. Some people are not brought to laughter easily. But seeing Mr. K&Q in person, you see that a smile can be just as good of a response as laughter is. Man, what a nice guy he is.

He's a geologist with a very healthy appreciation of all differnt kinds of knowledge. He's a reader and I bet would be a good person to talk to about literature, philosophy or history. He'll ask you questions "Would you say this was true?" and "When you say this, what do you mean?"

Anyway, if any of you ladies out there would like to meet a total gentleman. We're going to meet for dinner sometime soon and I love to bring you along.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you a match maker now?

help me, i need some loving.

jessica G.

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you a match maker now?

help me, i need some loving.

jessica G.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Miss Flint said...

Wow. And me. Why are we all not in Baltimore?

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home