Tuesday, February 08, 2005

several fairly unrelated things

Yesterday the IT person at work sent an email to everyone saying "free Ice Cream!!", there was a shop giving it away and he put the street address in. I thought it was the cutest email in my inbox all day. I really liked that he was so excited about it that he came back to the office right away to tell everyone.

Last night I fell asleep at 9pm. The big guy popped in the special features JFK disk and boom, I was out. I slept all the way through till morning and was still pissed about having to get out of bed.

When I came home yesterday my entire house was spotless and beautiful. There was a note in my kitchen that said: Happy Monday, Love Mom. Apparently my mother rolled up the rugs and mopped the floors. She has this thing called a flip-it, and if you're interested in domestic inventions, this one is really a pleaser: it mops the floor and then you flip it and it vacuums up the water to dry and get rid of crumbs! She brought it in her car down from Philly because she was so excited for me to try it out at my place. The next one of her futuristic cleaning mechanisms she wants me to try is the Roomba. It's this vacuum that goes by yourself when you aren't even home. It's like having this weird little pet that does useful things while you're gone.


Virginia
invited me out to dinner tonight! I seem to have the nicest friends.

Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, which makes today Marde Gras. Maybe Virginia and I should get wasted. Are you giving up anything for Lent?

I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home