Monday, July 25, 2005

new job, skinnydipping, and thanksgiving in july

I went in for an interveiw at my little non-profit last week. I wore a pinstripe suit and everyone in their business casual outfits, laughed at me and hugged me and asked me how i've been. If i didn't dress up, i figure it would be disrespectful - i mean, even if the deepest question they asked me was what floor i'd prefer to have my office on, still, it's an interview. At the same time, it's a really funny thing to dress up for a job interview when you've already worked there and they've already seen you're mismatched work wardrobe of worn out clothes, and they are wearing sandals.

the night before last I went skinnydipping and floated on my back in the lake for a long time, relinquishing the cares of life and staring into the majestic, open night sky...well, that was until russell started laughing and pointing about what was sticking up out of the water - then, i realized that floating on your back while skinnydipping, is not such a brilliant idea.

yesterday my mother and i had a turkey dinner at my brother and his wife's house. He announced that they found out the sex of the baby - I'm going to have a little niece. Catharine Jane (yes, cathArine, weird, right? it's after my mommom, which means grandmother. Do you have a mommom?)I can't wait to be an aunt. I think I'm going to be terrific at it.

Oh, I know you all were interested in the museum of science and industry - and YES, they do still have the mineshaft exhibit, and we did go to the faery castle (which i thought was equally as creepy) and the most creepy of all was the exibit of Body Worlds. eek. After getting grossed out or own interest in the science that stradled the fence of macabre and still personally saddened by the sight of people without their skin or liagments (or some times, even real human bodies that have become only arteries hanging by fishing wire) - needless to say, virginia and i needed to cheer ourselves up. So, we went to the hatchery:






this is a baby chick being born. ahh the miracle of life.

1 Comments:

Blogger jaime said...

conGRAtulations!! auntie jessie!!

2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home