More for my record than yours:
"Dave size" I replied.
Russell and Katherine and I hung out while I made casserole and cupcakes for a potluck.
As soon as my cousin Dave arrived we swooped in and took him to Amy's house. Amy has an aptly named dog, 'cricket' and lives in a old house that used to be an orphanage. She made her famous "chicken with some mustard on it" and served it in brandy glasses. We ate and laughed and did the things that everybody does at dinner parties.
Afterward we went to Sarah's house for a party. She was wearing an apron and had made pigs in a blanket. (what hostesses, I've been encountering recently!) I didn't know very many people there. It's the first time I felt like that in a long while in Baltimore. It was both refreshing and frightening - where have I been?.
I talked to an astronomer and her husband, a professor of philosophy and law. As soon as I found out their professions, I was surprised that they ever successfully communicated with each other and visualized them as two hemispheres of the brain, each pink and fleshy holding a Stella buzzing electricity between them.
Jaime was a great friend, taking my cousin under her wing and driving us home when we got sleepy like old people. I was so glad to have her.
Sunday I made pancakes for my cousin when he was waking up and we drank a whole pot of coffee. After he left, I sat on the couch and didn't move. Cindy came by and we watched two movies and ate cold casserole and drank whiskey and root beer. It was lovely and relaxing. I was in my proverbial bathrobe in all its terry cloth glory.
I did some yapping on the phone after Cindy left and drank a couple more of my favorite new concoctions.
I've decided that I love whiskey and root beer and when I met Russell and Katherine for a drink I ordered it right away. I was happy to see Rjyan and Jakob were there. They also ordered whiskey and rootbeer without delay. Ahhh. I was delighted with conversations about Palestine, and chestnut blight and the particular feeling freedom one finds riding trains. My brian swooned a little bit. sigh.
I came home in time for a phone date and I think fell asleep on it.
I woke up several hours later because my alarm a was set for 3 am (after some power mishap). I spent the remainder of the night hitting snooze and getting inadequate sleep. I was far too confused to just turn it off. I thought for sure I'd be cranky all day - but that's silly. I'm hardly ever cranky all day.
Oh also, I found a conversation heart with the worst writing on it ever:
Can you read that that says "lonely"???!?

1 Comments:
It would be worse if it said DDT.
Post a Comment
<< Home