Quick, wake up, help me make up an excuse!
This was a terrible idea.
It was definitely past 5 am when we were watching animal planet and yammering on about how much we liked each other and Baltimore, and our happy lives when I decided I couldn't make it without at least a nap. I was going to wake up by 7. Russell said that he'd wake me up in about an hour or so and then I could just start getting ready for my day.
This was even more of a terrible idea.
I woke up in sheer panic at 9:45 - clearly, one hour and 15 minutes after I was supposed to already be at my desk clicking away. "shit, shit, shit, shit" I called my boss - and said I was on my way in - jumped in the shower, jumped into work pants: "Russell, shit, shit, shit - it's 10 am" I'm running around in just my bra and work pants looking for my keys - Russell does what? Oh he giggles under the covers and does not stop giggling the whole time I'm driving him home. "I understand that this is awful - but the bed looked so nice when I tried to wake you up, I thought I'd just sit there a minute....and then the next thing I know you're screaming and running around the house in your weird pants." He's right, my work pants are weird. And totally uncool.
We were racking our brains - or rather, I was racking my brain and trying to rack Russell's brain to try to figure out an adequate lie and excuse - something sudden and also something that prevented me from calling in - what could have detained me? Why didn't I call? After we decided that my cellphone dying AND the neighborhood kids let the air out of all of my tires was a little bit over the top - we decided that I had a really bad headache the night before and took tylenol PM and really, really overslept.
wheeew.
I didn't mention my tylenol PMs were called "really, really terrible ideas".
ah, but terribly fun ones.

2 Comments:
Ain't you never heard of an "alarm clock"?
Admittedly, whenever I did the accidental turn my alarm clock off when I worked at my old job, I just sent a quick email that I was running late, got ready, and got into the office. If anyone was around when I was running late, they would here a profanity-laced tirade as I ran around my humble abode getting ready for work.
Cursing, running around, and bolting out the door. Great way to start the day. Only advantage was no traffic on the ride in. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home