Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Scavenger Hunt

On a quest to find the diamonds stolen from my house I went looking in pawn shops near by for them. I was meandering outside the one on Greenmount when this man asked me if I was looking for an engagement ring. He had a wraspy voice and walked with a cane, even though it was obvious that he didn't need one. I explained to him that I was tyring to find some jewlery of mine that was stolen, recently. What a kind man he was!
"If I stole something I wouldn't sell it here." he said as he raised both his eyebrows.
"Well, where would you sell it?" I asked. And he kindly pointed me in the right direction.

So, I went to the place where "they ain't check up on shit" - but no luck -- well, that's not true, I found some excellent gold tigers and diamond crusifixes if you're looking for an amazing pendant, but my stolen jewlery wasn't there.

The woman at work has a whole list of places. I'm totally going to make a scavenger hunt out of it to try to find all the things that people sell at pawn shops:

1. high school ring
2. heart engraved with memorable quote or nickname
3. anything with blood on it
4. one half if a best friend's necklace hopefully reading "st ends"
5. typewriter
6. 7 original nintendos

any additions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home