Thursday, May 13, 2004

It’s been harder and harder to post on my blog, because now that I have put in my notice, the bosses have found more things for me to do. (Right now, I’m typing in a word document so no one will see me typing in the shiny new blogger webpage.)
With all of this work, I think I might be being punished for leaving this office…but whatever, I’ll make do.

Chelsey showed up last night. she didn't do any school-work but she showed me her cheerleading moves that involve "vibrating" and "shaking" and "Gettin' low". Ladies and Gentlemen, Chelsey, my 10-year-old tutoree, was "Twerkin it"...with her hands down on her knees, and bowing her thighs, as the song says. On a not unrelated note, some of the city's highest drop-out rate and some of the cities highest teen pregnancy rates are found in Hampden's populations. da-da-da-da-da.

"...SHAKE IT, SHAKE IT, SHAKE IT, STOP!"
here's another one of my favorites of the day:
"...AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE RE-TAR-DATION, DAR DAR DAR! WE'RE NUMBER ONE!"[holds out two fingers]

Tomorrow is her ballet recital.

I know how this journal becomes a place for me to advertise for Bengies drive-in a whole lot, but bear with me. Did you see? This weekend they are playing Kill Bill 2! It’s an awesome line up really . You should really check it out. Jeanne and Jason and I are going on Saturday. Are you????

In other news, I don’t want to write here about the gym, or getting my fat pinched, or how much water I’m drinking, because as we all know, that shit is the most boring shit to read in the world.

During lunch today a tiny red spider crawled across my glasses. For a minute, I thought the red blurry spot was me going blind. One time when I got my first “floater” I heard about how sometimes it is actually the retina detatching, and ever since then, I’ve been really frightened of suddenly going blind. I had a dream about it once and was crying when i woke up because i'd never see the funny shaddow of a bumble bee

I sent sarah raz, out in the middle of the woods, a letter the other day. It was a print out of my blog for the past few weeks, I thought it would catch her up with my life and what not. But I realized that all of people she was out there with would think I was a terrible person for printing so much off the printer and not double siding it. Yep. Hey, Environment, I’m a jerk. I throw Styrofoam cups away at work and I haven’t bothered to recycle in a year. I don’t even break up my six pack rings before I throw them away. And compost! Compost is way way way past where I’m at right now. But to think, I was the fifth grade graduation award winner for the ecology club. I have my name on a plaque and everything. Ha.

I’m leaving here a week from tomorrow and counting the days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home