So the car still won't start. I guess it wasn't the washer fluid after all. haha. I put new oil in the car, and the battery is obviously fine....I have one more trick with this Cold Start stuff, I used to have to use all the time. I'll try that tonight.
See, because if I don't get my car running, enough to just get some repairs, there is no moving it. I park in a spot behind my house and there is a narrow alley. Too narrow for any tow truck. Maybe if I give you all lots of beer, we can spend a day pushing it out into the street. On the second hand a bunch of drunk kids pushing a jeep cherokee might not be the best idea...We'd become a lethal force.
I realized with a gasp last night that I was gong to use my car to go home to vote. As it stands now I am going to have to take a train to Philly on Monday night. I might be able to borrow one of my brothers' cars to come back down and then have that until I get a new car myself or this guy, stuck in my driveway gets repaired.
By the way, I like to call things "this guy," usually inanimate things, but most often my tummy. I call my tummy "this guy" a lot. Anyway, There is a man a few doors down that works on cars. Maybe I could talk to him and give him $$ to fix it. And that way I wouldn't have to worry about pushing it out of the alley.
It's funny how little things like a car that won't start become these aching sagas.
Oh, in regards to a recent aching saga of sorts. I got an email from my brother D. He found out that they finally really offered me this job and sent me a congratulations email. It was really nice that he opened the door for me, because I was really petrified that I had pushed him away forever. Mostly, I guess, because everyone at home was so nervous that I said no to being in the wedding. My family is all afraid of people leaving them, and they are afraid a lot of the time. They all end up doing stuff they don't want to do, because the consequences of not doing it are unfathomable. It's almost like we are uncomfortable that we can love someone without making sacrifices that make us uncomfortable or unhappy. We are a people riddled with guilt.
I really wish it wasn't so cold out (even thought his week has been warmer) I really want to go camping. Maybe I'll rent a heated cabin somewhere. I could use a little romantic holiday with the big guy. A fire going, some plaid around, walks in crunchy leaves...ahh. I totally want a flannel shirt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home