Monday, October 18, 2004

you'd be so proud of me

I said no to the wedding.

I knew it would happen eventually this weekend, she called my house when I was hanging out with Virginia. I thought she was Jaime when I first picked up the phone. But, I said no. I wasn't sure if I actually could do it. I'm always worried about not making people happy. But thanks to your awesome comments I really felt like I had to. It's so much worse to be in a wedding when you don't want to be than to decline politely.

I mentioned how I wouldn't get any time off with this new job for six months, which is true and how with the time commitments I already have I don't think I would be a very good bride's maid. I said I was sorry a bunch and expressed my desire to help her on the big day, but how it was really impossible for me. She was dumb-struck. I don't think that she would have even fathomed me not saying yes. She just said "okay, I guess I'll talk to you later." and hung up.

oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home