Today, I was getting into the elevator and a woman was moaning about the cold as she unknotted her scarf and said "only 17 days left of this." She was referring to the first day of spring I like that she has a count down spring.
It made me think about all the things I'd like to do when the weather is warmer but not too warm:
fell's point ghost tours
bengies drive-ins
gunpowder hikes and long walks
my denim jackets and t-shirts
saturdays spent sitting on my front porch
hampden ice cream outings
camping trips
picnics
water taxi
l.p. steamers' crab deck
ocean city beach at night
I want to take advantage of spring when it is still a little chilly and you should wear a sweatshirt but you get to enjoy all the things you've been missing out on all winter. I'll build a big fire by the campsite. They have heaters at the drive-ins you can plug in and keep warm in your car. I can't wait for the beginning of the season for all of this. Are you as excited as I am?
Speaking of excited. Jessica G. is coming down to Baltimore this weekend. I hope I'm healthy enough to have a house guest. She's coming tomorrow on the bus and staying, at least, for the jayman's show at The Talking Head this Saturday. Did I tell you Jason Dove is playing a solo show at the talking head this Saturday? You should come. It's going to be totally different than ever before. I don't even know if you're ready for it.

2 Comments:
I was just thinking about Bengies yesterday. I've never been but it sounds like fun. Feel better.
yeah! camping trips!
Post a Comment
<< Home