I didn't get to tell you about my weekend yet! I just realized this. I was on my lunch break, sitting alone at a bar eating a salad, (you know a bar salad where they feel obligated to cover it with bacon and hard boiled eggs) and I was ramblingly along silently in my brain - essentially talking to myself. This is when I realized two things a. unless I'm completely wrong, my dialogue with the internet is very much like my dialogue in actual life where I tend to not ever shut- up and b. Speaking of not shutting up, I forgot to tell the internet about my weekend.
Friday Jessica G. came down from NY. I say NY even though she obviously lives in northern NJ, but you'll go along with me, I think. She took the greyhound down because the train is outlandishly expensive. She called me at work before she got on the bus and we talked for much longer than we should have considering a. I was working and b. I was going to see her in person very shortly. But it was awesome anyway, and she told me it was her goal to get all pretty before the bus so she'd be the prettiest passenger. Then we confessed to each other that we, especially when riding in public transportation, look at the people around us and try to figure out if how we rank on levels of attractiveness. This is a fun game on your commute into work, but probably only fun when you are judging strangers. "If they are more attractive, I try not to be biased" she says "may the best woman win." Jessica has also stepped this game up a notch by asking herself who she would marry if she had to. "Sometimes that's really hard, because I go to work early in the morning" And I imagine there area only about 4 people on her train, two of them women (let's hope not as attractive as Jessica) and one of them a vagrant and one of them a business bozo. Right? I guess I told you this whole thing about my friend Jessica and the weird games she plays in her mind as she judges people...but it goes for me to, so I don't feel as guilty letting you in on it.
Oh, so this weekend, Russell and I went to pick her up and commenced in celebrations meeting up with Virginia and Emily who just got off work from Rocky Run and of course, the Jayman. We ended up going to several different *ahem* establishments before the night was over. Yes, you guessed it, we went bar hopping. What a weird ritual. I'm glad I live in a location where no one has to drive anywhere. Hampden, God Bless you.
Saturday, like lazy dogs, we lied around for a while. Actually, we lied around for a very long while. We watched reality shows and I wore my bathrobe until 6 or 7 at night when we went back to Rocky Run. Geez, I know. It's embarrassing how often I go there! We met up with Jason and Brian who were playing the show at The Talking Head. Jessica and I got an enormous coffee drink nearby and met them at the show. Jason sang like an angel. That's what Jessica said anyway. But I totally concur. It was really neat to see bands singing with acoustic guitars. It really let their talent show through. Mike and Kisch showed up too! Man, those guys are so nice. I should have bought them a drink, but I was still so hungover from Friday I didn't even think about alcohol. Next time, you guys.
Sunday, we started our day off drinking, as per Virginia's brilliant suggestion. We ended up going to Fraizers twice in one afternoon. We saw a old lady in a furry hat drinking martinis at breakfast. Jessica felt sorry for her and Virginia wanted to emulate her. And Sunday night I stayed up far too late and am just getting back on track today.
Last night there was tutoring. There was a little drama before hand about two of the girls I work with making out with each other. And of course, I'm not supposed to know, so they not very subtly crafted a lie to tell me that it was someone else and that I was mistaken all along. I kept telling them that I didn't care either way and that it was none of my business. This of course, made my one tutor get really upset because she thought I didn't believe her. "I'm not a gay, I'm telling you. I don't make out with girls." And she's always shouting when she speaks. "I really don't want to know about it anyway." I said. This made things worse. The girls are both 14. It won't be long before they are trying to get on Howard Stern to show him their fake breast implants and playing some contest that involves a banana or wrestling or banana wrestling.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home