Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Yesterday, after work and before the sun went down the big kahuna and I went for a nice walk through some trails at Gunpowder Falls State park. Being there far enough away not to hear the cars from route 1 anymore, and, instead, only being able to hear the sounds of wilderness was really refreshing. When we were there in the still of pines and clover, it made me wonder why I insisted in living in a city, exactly. Was it for convince? or comfort? or confusion? The sun was getting closer to it's bed on the crease of the horizon, which I couldn't see through the hills of earth and trees the sun's light cast long beams through the trees, making their shadows slender and stretched out across the creeks and foothpaths. It made me think of Sarah, all of this. Seeing the heavy rocks that someone long ago pushed in place to mark where I should walk. Someone who painted blazes on trees for me to follow so I wouldn't get lost. It's neat to think of Sarah doing this and someone years from now following the trail she made. I miss Sarah Raz.

I was also thinking about how when she comes back, she might really want to go to the beach. I imagine being in the woods that long would make anyone want to see the ocean. It's really neat living here on the east cost and able to spend time in both the forrest and the sand in the same week.

is anyone up for camping sometime soon??

i love you all.
let's keep in touch, internet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home