Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Quiet Life of Rockstars

Last night, after their show with Bob's band,Small Sur, Tiger Saw came to stay with me. We cooked frozen pizza, drank wine, told stories, and clicked away individually on our laptop computers. Russell and Katherine came over and I could hear them laughing with the band in my living room until I fell asleep.

Tiger Saw is band that's made up of a constantly changing cast - except for Dylan. He's always in it. On this tour he came along with Angel and Casey, both of whom make beautiful music in other projects of theirs as well.

What does Tiger Saw sound like? Some sort of Indie-Folky-Ilovemyfriendsy combination that is pleasing and makes you want to sing a long. Hell, it makes you want to learn acoustic guitar and go camping with everyone you know.

And in that spirit~

I just booked a campsite for my best friend, Jeanne for this weekend. I'm excited to break sticks and throw rocks and build fires.

Do you have any favorite campfire recipes?

2 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

Take marshmellow.

Impale on stick.

Hold over fire.

Add chocolate/graham cracker

Consume.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bagel pizza!

1. cut a bagel in half.
2. put tomato sauce over each half.
3. cover with chunks of cheese, mushrooms, olives, etc.
4. set on a rock next to the fire and let it toast. don't worry if some dirt or ash gets in; it tastes better!

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home