Hallelujah
It's a miracle! Today, after I recharged my battery and let the sucker dry out, my camera came back to life!
To celebrate I submitted my letter of resignation to make it official:
Dear Peter,
I've recently been accepted to New York University, Steinhardt School of Education in New York City for a masters program in teaching English literature grades 7-12. As you know, for several years now, I've been enjoying my work with local inner city school programs when I tutor youth in the evening. I'm excited for this opportunity to learn how to put my passion into practice for my career, but I will be sorry to say 'goodbye' to [this place].
Because I'll be relocating to Manhattan, NYC for a full-time class load at NYU, please consider this letter my formal resignation from [this place]. As we discussed, Friday June 9th will be my last day in the office.
Having the opportunity to work for an organization such as [this place] and understanding that I have been part of the remarkable impact on the health of women and families has filled me with pride and joy since I became part of this team. In my time here, I have been incredibly impressed with the individuals I am surrounded by on a daily basis at [this place]; they are intelligent, diligent, kind, and ready to settle for no less than perfection. It was an honor and a pleasure to be in a position among them.
Lastly, Peter, I truly can't thank you enough for the fantastic experience of working with you in developing corporate contacts and relationships for [this place]. I've learned many invaluable skills because I've had you as my mentor. I intend to carry these skills with me wherever go. You've fostered my talents and given me confidence through excellent, constructive criticism. I will be lucky to find an employer with such vision and compassion in my future.
Thank you for everything.
Truly yours,
Jessica

8 Comments:
There are 2 tears on my cheeks in the computer lab. I hope no one can see them!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Yay - another person to visit in NYC. That's so wonderful! When do you leave? We have to have a Blogger goodbye.
I move in on august 27th. Maybe I should host the august happy hour, considering that I've never done one. haha!
I'm trying to be both miserable (for me) and happy (for you) at the same time. Instead, I'm miserappy, so I'm going to go bleach my bathroom floor because nothing takes me out of miserappiness like sniffing in bleach (actually, I have to go to work).
Wait - you're quitting the start of June, but not moving until August? Whatcha gonna do in 'tween?
That's fantastic news! Congrats!
in between? i'm getting drunk. i'm going to go on a 2 month-long bender.
ah sweet bender. can't wait to finally go skinny dipping in lake michigan.
Just found your site through another - congrats on switching to teaching. I've been teaching Language Arts for five years in Texas. Despite the tough times and difficulties, you'll love teaching. It's awesome to see the changes the kids go through; it's so very worth it.
Post a Comment
<< Home